Thursday, December 31, 2009

Any advice on marrying a man who is going on his second marriage?

I know this sounds like a silly question. My fiance is divorced, but this is my first marriage.My fiance has made the statement to me that the second time around is always better. Well, this is my first! Do you think I am just being silly asking this question..Be Honest!Any advice on marrying a man who is going on his second marriage?
I'm a male in my second marriage who married a woman who hadn't been married previously and its worked out great. In fact I'm glad the first marriage didn't work and we have been together 20 years and I would marry her again tommorrow. I'm sure your fiance was just meaning the second time around would be best for himself. Communication and genuine friendship is the key and humor is also very important. We often tease each other in a lighthearted manner. Also we have 2 children whom we are very proud of.Any advice on marrying a man who is going on his second marriage?
If he has children from the first marriage it will be tough. Especially at first. Think of it this way every month if the case he'll be sending money for child support. It is tough. Make sure you know him very well.
if its right it is right if you have anyt doubts resolve them before you get married
Just make sure you get to know him VERY well. he's 0 for 1 and you need to understand the circumstances surrounding it. If he screwed up in the last marriage (like cheating or unable to communicate or control anger) its a red flag to you and i would hold off on getting married. I wouldn't talk to the ex-wife because he might feel disrespected and you don't want to give her that power. Your relationship is none of his ex's business. Just make sure you are comfortable with what happened in his last marriage, like maybe he just got married too young. Trust your instincts. Good luck!
Are kids involved? If so, Find out what they are really like! 2nd Find out how the first ball and chain is.


Before you say I do.
Talk to his ex wife first
no this question is not a silly one. Just becareful i mean to me getting married is only something I want to do once. and stay that way forever and ever. but just dont do what the ex did like what ever his reasons are for breaking it off. just becareful and it should be cool cause like it's your first time and it's fresh to you and maybe he won't make the same mistakes he did the first time around. maybe he just wasn't the one for her.
find out what happened and make sure the same thing doesnt happen again, we do learn by our mistakes, atleast we should, good luck
I think he was just trying to assure you that your marriage to him will not fail. Talk to him about your concerns. After all, if you are going to marry this man then you should be able to talk to him about anything.
No considering this is your first marriage and hopefully your last.I have been married twice too.My first marriage was bad and we divorced.It was both of our first marriages.Now, I am happily married.This is my second and his first, and hopefully our last!:)Anyhow, a marriage is what you make it.Never go to bed angry, always communicate with each other,and out each other first before all others(except your kids) and you will have a great start.Also, remember life is short and cherish him.Congrats and good luck!!!
No, you are not being silly. You just don't know. We had the opposite - it was my 2nd and his first. Sometimes it's better sometimes not. Are you going to have marriage counseling? That would help, it give you a chance to ask some questions that you have. And if he has any ';baggage'; from his 1st marriage - then it might help with that too. good luck!
if when he talks about the relationship he makes the problems hers and not theirs run

No comments:

Post a Comment