Sunday, December 27, 2009

Marriage thoughts, advice anyone?

My boyfriend is a year older than I, and he is thinking of marrying me after he finishes college. Which he will be 21 and I will be 20, I keep telling him .. ';no, don't ask me to marry you so soon.'; but he insists on marrying me during that time and he says he has already extended it a year for me. He tells me he has done everything for me and I have done nothing. :( I don't know if or why I should marry someone so young, I mean for me it's not the right age to marry. I would have loved it to be when I was 23-25 but sigh... he doesn't understand. It's because my family raised me the way of marrying when the time is right. Im not saying by that time Im going to be ready but maybe I will be more prepared by then. can anyone give some advice or opinions... thank you so much. any questions ask.Marriage thoughts, advice anyone?
My advice is to run like the wind. My sister and several of my female friends got pressured into getting engaged before they were ready. They all ended up breaking up with the guy either before the wedding or a year or two after getting married and not one of them regrets the break-up. Although those who got married do regret going through with getting married. It's my experience that when a guy really cares about a girl, he doesn't want to pressure her into anything she is uncomfortable with. When a guy tells you he will leave you if you don't marry him and won't drop the issue, then his need to possess is stronger than his desire to make sure you are comfortable. These guys usually tend to be manipulative and unstable.Marriage thoughts, advice anyone?
Dump him! You shouldn't be with someone who wants to rush you into marriage when you are not even ready. If you feel it isn't the right time then it's not the right time for you. Enjoy life and don't let any one make you do something you are not ready to do.





Best of luck!
DO NOT marry someone before you're ready, no matter how eager they are.





That's a horrible idea, and will cause you untold grief.





The whole ';I've done everything for you and you've done nothing'; thing concerns me too. I think the little alarm bells in your head are telling you the truth -- no harm will come from waiting until you're sure...
You do what you what chick. If he love you like he says he does he will wait for you until you are ready to make a big commitment! My friend got married when she was 22 but now is getting a divorce after 2 years and the stress she is going through she has to go on antidepressants. I'm not yet married myself but i am engaged.





Hope this helps you.
This guy sounds like a control freak who wants to call ALL the shots. That's bad enough now, but if you're foolish enough to cave into him, he'll only get worse, then you won't be your own person any more.


My advice is to drop this loser quickly, and continue down YOUR own path, listening to your own good counsel and that of your parents.


Good luck, hun!
the worst thing you can do is marry someone when you are not ready


you will not only regret it, but resent him because of it


if he's gonna be a jerk about it (and he is being a jerk about it) he doesn't deserve to marry you anyway!
If he is really the right one he will wait for you. tell him if he really loves you and he really wants to marry you then it can wait. don't do anything you don't want to. If you guys break up from this then you guys aren't mean't to be together :) hope that helps
you haven't even justified yourself, you keep saying you'd like to wait for the right time, but you haven't even said why now isn't the right time





i'll tell you one reason why now is the right time, it's because he loves you
Age does not have to be a major factor, If you are not ready, do not let yourself be talked into anything. Perhaps someone in your family can help explain it to him.
Just tell him your not ready for marriage. that you love him to death, but its something that requires more time. you said you've guys been together of a year? wait a couple more years honey. See if it can be stable for a couple more months....
say no if he asks. not right out of school thats dumb, get out school and make a career and make something of him self so that yall can have good marriage not one that goes to divorse due to economic challanges
no marriage is no bueno for you at this time


please answer mine its URGENT!!!


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Apj9YzjPccLZXOopHivYG_3sy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20090620132409AAO601U
';He tells me he has done everything for me and I have done nothing.';





No more information needed. Run in the other direction.
He sounds like a manipulative control-freak imho...I'd be wary of this. Ever seen Sleeping with the Enemy? 'nuff said!
...............
no way too young enjoy ur early adulthood for a few years b4 u hit 30 then u'll wanna think about settling down
If he really loves you the ';right'; time will be when you *both* feel like you're ready to make that sort of commitment.


Honestly there isn't a world of a difference between 21 and 23.


Don't fret about how old you are when the question comes down. Worry more about questions like ';Is this the person I would like to raise a family with?'; ';Can I trust him enough to have a legal relationship of responsibility for one another?';


If he is someone you want to marry. Say yes. You can always put off the wedding for as long as you like.





On a personal note. I would strongly advise that you live together for a year before you tie the knot. You want to make sure that you can share a space before you sign up to do it for 50 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment