Sunday, December 27, 2009

I am getting married in a year. What are some words of advice for my marriage?

Even though I know that no marriage is perfect, I want to make my marriage strong. I do not believe in divorce, so that is not even an option for me. If I did believe in divorce, then I would not be getting married. That would make marriage pointless.





So, to reiterate my question, what would be some words of advice?I am getting married in a year. What are some words of advice for my marriage?
Make sure that he loves God more that he loves you.I am getting married in a year. What are some words of advice for my marriage?
Godbless you...





Listen, be loyal, think with your heart, understand...





Respect, give and take....








you know what I mean...
I have been married almost 25 years and I must say gratefully we are extremely happy. I think the real secret comes down to one word Respect.


Respect your spouse by showing them love and kindness, excepting who they are and respecting there needs and supporting them. Respecting them enough to not have to berate or hurt them, respecting your marriage vows and respecting them by always standing up for them and loving them and giving them the honor and kindness to be loved truly and accepting they are not perfect but you will show them the ultimate respect by truly being there best friend!


Congratulations and happy wedding vows!
PRAY.
i just had my 28th ann.on saturday.the first 10 years are the hardest.you are getting to know each other and learning compromise etc. Don't expect your spouse to be a mind reader. Your spouse is not responsible for your happiness, don't get me wrong , but happiness is how you preceive things. Talk but aslo listen. You don't have to be right all the time. and forgive and forgive again. ask for forgiveness. don't down your spouse to other people.agree to dis-agree. learn when to shut up but also when to say something.support your spouse, you will both gain strength from it. I pray you have a long happy healthy marriage.
Friend, accept that your spouse is another human being with different nature. Begin your life with respect to God, respect to yourself(self respect), maintain open communication with spouse (let him know what upsets you and ask him what upsets him), learn to accept his family (I do not mean live with them. Instead be loving towards them), keep you relationship with your family Members smooth (allow him too), learn to be romantic, learn to accept and give gifts gracefully (without straing your budgets and later carrying resentment), never say ';no'; in bed, never put him down publicly ( never budge a inch if he puts you down publicly. Rather in privacy come to a conclusion that public show is a definate ';no no';). Expect in-laws, friends, colleagues relatives etc to poise problems in the initial years of marriage (tackle them by remaining firm and polite).Above all, love and obey each other IN GOD. May God bless you.
Don't let money issues come between you. Sounds simple but that's the biggest cause of fights for married couples. Unless they're unfaithful or something.
be honest, be true, be best friends.
One never fight talk it out,never go to bed mad are leave mad.tell him u love him as much as you can tell him how you feel he is going to be your best friend, and always have trust.good luck.
always keep an open line of communication going no matter what.
I've been married to my wonderful wife for fifteen years. We have two amazing kids, a house, two cars and a boatload of bills. Things aren't always perfect, but we take steps to keep ourselves happy. Communication is key. You have to let the other one know when you are unhappy about something or if something needs to be done. So, the best advice I can give you is advice someone close to me gave my wife and me a long time ago and it still works today:


Make appointments for business and dates for romance.


This sounds simple, but as you get older, life becomes more difficult. Make a time to discuss bills, home repair, problems with the kids, plans for big purchases. It can be twice a week, or ten times a week; but, the point is, during that time, you only talk about those things on your list.


Make dates for romance. Yes, you still need to be romantic, and nothing does it better for a marriage than time away from your problems and the kids over a romantic dinner, a movie perhaps, or maybe sneaking off to the ';Motel No-Tell'; for some fun. Never discuss family business during these dates because that causes stress. Have fun, talk about the future, tell each other how much you mean to them, and be happy. You're on a date. The next time you have a chance, take the kids somewhere fun as a family to balance things out. This has worked for us for fifteen years, and hopefully many more. I wish you a lifetime of happiness.
You must really know the person you are marrying. You have to accept their faults and weaknesses. Also they have to be willing to do the same. You should also know the answers to important questions like... How many if any kids you want? Where you will live? Who will take care of the household responsibilities? The finances?





I know personally I feel the same way you do. I want my marriage to last. I always thought of it this way:





A marriage is like building a house but instead you're building a relationship. When you build a house if you start with a cracked foundation sooner or later the building will start having problems and may even collapse. It's the same way with a relationship, it must be built on a strong foundation in order to survive. Part of that strong foundation is trust, respect, love and compromise.


One thing we did before we got married was to visit with a marriage counselor. They will help you build a good foundation. You aren't born knowing how to make a relationship work you have to learn by trial and error. Go to them, work out little problems you have, learn to be a good listener. It takes patience but the rewards are worth it!!!
It is hard the first couple of years because you are getting use to each other. Just work through it by not going to bed mad. Assuming that you didn't live with him first. And travel the world with him before kids. Because once you have kids, it is no longer about you and him. Good luck. It is fun if you are marrying your soul mate and best friend.
The Best advise that I can give is always communicate,always stay friends.He needs to be your friend,your best friend before anything.My husband and I have been married for 9 yrs.We have our ups and downs but we always talk and get things out in the open.
keep up excellent communication and kindness at all times, and spend MUCH more time preparing for a way of life together than preparing for one day (the wedding)!

No comments:

Post a Comment