Thursday, December 31, 2009

Some advice on marriage please?

everyone has their faults so I'm not saying that I do everything just right in my marriage. My husband says things like, ';its MY money, so I will buy what I want'; tells me I am lazy because I stay at home with our daughter. I go to school full time, work part time, babysit 4 days a week, and do all of the house work. Now he calls me horrible names when he gets mad %26amp; threw all of my things out of HIS house yesterday. I feel like I do most everything right, I try to be a good wife. Everything I tell him goes in one ear %26amp; out the other. Any advice on how to get through to him?Some advice on marriage please?
I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this.... I was in your shoes about a year ago....Notice I said was....He did just what your husband is doing and in the same order....1st he would say thing like its MY MONEY its MY HOUSE....Then the put downs like telling me I was lazy cause I didn't wake up til 9 am....And I was the one that was working, cooking, and cleaning....He even kicked me out of my own house...excuse me HIS HOUSE!!!!.....It didn't stop there though soon after all of that he tried to hit me....I don't know your whole story but sounds like you need to get out of a dead end sittuation....Think of your Daughter too....My parents were un happy and they divorced...I think that was the best thing they could have done for my Sister and I...I know I wouldn't want to grow up seeing my mother sad all the time...Well I hope I helped at all....You will be in my prayers!!!!Some advice on marriage please?
Sounds like he is bitter you get to stay at home. I dont know why some men are like this. Being a stay at home mom is difficult. You would think he wouldve grown up and became a man by now right? I would just continue to be who you are. I would maybe pack up some stuff and stay at my parents for a while if my husband did me this way. Who does he think he is after all? Its not just his money its yours as well. Maybe he has some other issues he is battling I would just give him space. Honey he owes you an apology!
Don't ask him for money, don't do chores, make sure you eat and feed your daughter. Just show him you are giving up on everything. When he sees you feel unappreciated and nothing is getting done, he will try to make you feel better and appreciate you more.
DIVORCE him! He'll NEVER change and it will only get worse!
move out until he gets his head on straight and start listening to Dr. Laura or visit her website. He has changed and is not safe to be around.
If you've tried talking to him to no avail then you should go for marriage counseling. if he cannot learn to listen to you and communicate with you then you need to get a third person involved and get them to help you sort out your problems. hopefully the counsellor and get him to see that he needs to respect his wife (you) and respect and appreciate the things you do for him. the counsellor can help him understand that you two have defined roles in the house and no role is less or more important than the other. if you weren't there to look after your child, who would? and what job is more important than looking after a child? food on the table is useless if the child is neglected. the child needs both physical support (food, shelter, clothing) AND emotional support (love, encouragement, comfort). He provides the former and you provide the latter. BOTH are vital for the proper upbringing of a child. if you cannot convince him of your importance then you need to get a counsellor to do it for you.





good luck!!
You can do better or worse on your own! I really don't know you or who you are, but no one should take what you were given. ';Some advise!'; Get your things and stay some where for a few days and let him find you! Why? His mind game is to belittle you emotionally, let him see what it's like when he comes home to an empty house. You see, no man can really take what he puts out in a negative way. When he's ready to hear what you have to say, let him know what he has done and why you felt you had to do what you have to do.
Marriage is a partnership, so it is not his money %26amp; he can't do whatever he wants.





You are trying to convince someone of your worth as a person. Why? You know what you are worth and he should also know your value as his partner. But all he cares for is himself.





This person is not a man, this is a child. You have been thrown from your home like a piece of trash. How insulting. And you want to get through to him? I would want to be through with him.





You can't teach a pig to dance. Go home to your family. Stay there until he agrees %26amp; goes to counseling to try to save your marriage. Do not allow your daughter to see you being treated this way. This type of history has an awful way of repeating itself.
Don't think it is about getting through. Possibilities are either he felt trapped or he had trouble at work.





The trap part is because he is carrying the majority of the financial load. That's why it is not a good idea to have kids and go to school at the same time. Chances are your family is not saving much. He may feel he makes the money but it's all gone.





The current economic environment puts most workers on edge. Things may be tight at work and he doesn't know how to tell the family -- some men consider keeping their job a statement of their manhood.





Both cases are about money.
Some people are not plea-sable. He will not know what a gold mine he has until your gone. And when I say gone that means him begging you for weeks to come back and if you decide to go back you need to set boundaries because it sounds like he has set plenty for you and you have none for him he needs to treat you with RESPECT. After all it sounds like you treat him like a king and he is taking you for granted. This may sound bad but you need to discipline him as if he were your kid. Seriously if he does something that hurts your feelings you NEED to reprimand him and do it over and over until he treats you right! It sounds bad but it works, men want mommies and we have to let them know this is not to be expected. If we choose to do so you must appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment