Sunday, December 27, 2009

Moving to cali.. need some advice marriage on the rocks?

Okay here goes. My hub is 30 and im 23 . we have a son 1 and 2 dogs. we are preg again and due july 28. also my hub will be leaving the military jun 26 and plans on moving to cali for his reserve time. he wants to move in the same neighborhood as his mom and dad (who are housing his 37 year old sis and her 2 kids since forever) and i just dont want to do that. His sis and i dont get along and his brother is nice and very mature. he keeps to him self and doesnt get involved. His mom on the other hand is always in our business and seems to talk to me about my family problems ( which i never brought up with her to begin with) . It bothers me and my husband doesnt really care. He wants to do his own thing and wants to go ';home';. We have a house in ky and we bought it. with the market being down i have no clue how we are going to sell. plus we have only lived in it for a year and our credit isnt the best. im so nervouse about moving to cali since his WHOLE family lives there and only my mom and dad live there. i have grown up partly in the south and in germany so cali is very different for me. when we talk about my fears and some concerns it ends in a fight. I dont have a clue what i should do and im stressing out big time. i dont know how to talk to him since he has already made up his mind and is excited. he has already called his family and told them and they are like super excited. Im going ot be singled out since i cant stand them. My hubs sis has never had a real job and has 2 kids that she doesnt support. she has a mastersdegree and thinks she is better than everyone else. i cant even stand to be in the same room as her cause she is one of those people that always as the right answer. (weather its right or wrong) her answer is the best. She will argue with you until you are ready to hit her and just thinks she is the ****. Her 2 kids are out of control and have NO DICIPLINE. they destroyed my house the last time they came to visit us and i about lost it. My hub did not stand behind me he left me out to dry. We went to cali and had a huge fight and he left me out to dry for his family again. I really will be needing his help with the baby when its due and im just stressing out so bad! thanks for your help..Moving to cali.. need some advice marriage on the rocks?
Here's my advice:





1. Moving near his parents doesn't mean you'll be living with them. I live right around the corner from my best friend and sister and I might see her once a week. Everyone has their own agenda and schedule to stick to in life thus making it impossible to see others on a daily basis. If you get along with his parents don't worry about the rest as I'm sure his sister won't be making visits to you as you don't really get along...Don't sweat it!





2. The housing market is what it is - you can't do much about it. Hopefully you won't take a large hit...moving as a family is much more important - you need the solidarity. If you could adjust to other moves - you'll adjust to this one.





It's a highly hormonal and emotional time for you so I can totally understand why you are feeling out of sorts with it all. I think that once you make the move and get settled into your routine and make new friends that things will work out just fine.





You are a military wife - you can do it!Moving to cali.. need some advice marriage on the rocks?
Does your husband know as much as you just shared with the yahoo community? Is he aware of how miserable you've already decided you're going to be if forced to move to California? And if so, what is his reaction? Does he even care? Sounds like there are lot more issues here than simply moving to California.
  • cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment