Sunday, December 27, 2009

I need advice on waiting till marriage please!?

Me and some friends have decided to wait until marriage, all for different reasons, most for religion, some for morals. But we wanted to get some symbolic jewelry and weren't sure what to get, and if we should speak to our pastor first. Also, I wanted to ask if people who are waiting would recommend it?I need advice on waiting till marriage please!?
I would say wait until you have dated a least a year and then go ahead.





But then I believe in sexual incompatibility.





I was going to wait. My religion says wait. But I love sex and I can't imagine being happily married with a piss poor sex life.





That said I don't think it's something to jump into, but I do think it should be ';tried'; before you get a ring on your finger.I need advice on waiting till marriage please!?
A little silver padlock strung on a thin silver chain necklace would be very symbolic of chastity I think. I would not, however, recommend waiting until marriage. The sad reason is that too many guys confuse ';lust'; with ';love.'; What I mean is that too many men think they're in love, when they're merely in anticipation of the sex act. If the actual act isn't what they had hoped for, then they suddenly realize that it wasn't love they were feeling all along: it was only anticipatory lust. Have you done any research as to what percentage of marriages have failed where the woman waited? I think you'll find that the divorce rate is much higher in those cases.





And, don't talk to your pastor. If you need guidance, pray in private for the answers. Most pastors don't know anymore than you do and they can be kind of creepy.
let me say a big good for you and your friends!! It rocks to see that you are taking a proactive approach to sexual intimacy. Most kids don't give it enough though until its already too late. Let me give you a few tips on how to help you maintain your celibacy until your wedding night.


1. Never spend unsupervised alone time with your bf/gf


2. Keep you hugging/kissing down to a minimum


3. Share your belief on chasity with your bf/gf right away if they don't agree then move on


4. Find a close friend or more who you can use as an accountability partner, to help keep each otter out of tempting situations and share frustrations,joys ect. with


5. Pray (which is most important) ask God for guidance on finding the right spouse and to help keep your temptations under control


6. don't give into pressure from anyone!!!!!!!





I will tell you that when I was a young teen I too wanted to wait until marriage to give myself away. However sadly I got involved with someone a few years older then me, same old story girl loves boy, boy tells girl if she really loves him she will have sex with him...ect...ect ect...anyway we where together for 3 long cheating years. It was hard for me to break away because he was the first man that I had given myself physically to. So save yourself some grief and heartbreak and wait for that special day. Imagine what a wonderful gift that you would be giving your spouse...a one of a kind that no one else can ever give or receive from you again. I admire you for taking a stand in these times where sex is everywhere. God bless!!!!
Good for you! I commend you on your decision. So much of the general public seems to think that ';dating'; is synonymous with ';sex';. It seems that it is has just become commonplace to assume dating means there will be sex. I disagree, and it sounds like you do too.


It isn't easy. I personally saved myself for marriage and it really was difficult sometimes, but I have never regretted it. Not once. I wore white with a clear conscience before my family and before God. Don't back down honey.
I waited until I was married. We've been married almost 30 years and feel that we have a special bond because we've only ever been with each other. We have friends who wish they could say the same thing. I recommend it. Why would you want to create such an intimate bond with someone who is not your soul mate, your life partner?
be careful, your pastor might try to have sex with you, while you're there asking, especially if you're under the age of 12.
true love waits sells some pretty jewelry. they are an organization supporting abstinence until marriage.
I suggest a chastity belt. Your dates will get the message!

No comments:

Post a Comment