Thursday, December 31, 2009

Marriage and Family Therapist in California - advice, please!

I'm a psych student (undergrad) thinking about getting an MFT at a college in California. The reason I am planning on obtaining an MFT over a Psy.D/PH.D is b/c the schooling is only two years, and it doesn't involve Stats (as far as I know - which I HATE). However, I understand the salary is also less, and perhaps it is harder to find a job post graduation? Anyone who is an MFT in the state of CA, please offer me advice. Was it hard to find a job as a therapist upon graduating, how long did it take to find a therapist job after you got your degree, is it worth it?, do you regret getting an MFT over a Psy.D/Ph.D?, which schools in California (or perhaps even other states) do you recommend for an MFT, what did you do as an undgrad that made you get into the program?





Sorry - I know I am asking so many questions, but these are the things I am constantly thinking about - so any advice is GREATLY appreciated!





Thank you so much!





PS: I'm interested in Clinical work.Marriage and Family Therapist in California - advice, please!
You might be studying to be a marriage and family therapist, but you've logged your question into the wrong category. Please move along.

No comments:

Post a Comment