Sunday, December 27, 2009

Parents and marriage... HELP! Need Advice.?

I want to live with my boyfriend, but my parents are STRONGLY against it because they think it's morally wrong until we're married. We aren't at the point of getting married yet because I have one year left of graduate work. But it would not only help me financially if he moved in, we are currently in a long distance relationship (2 hours) and I think it would be stupid to get his own apartment down here to be close to me. But what about my parents? I'm 23 years old, but ugh! I'm torn.Parents and marriage... HELP! Need Advice.?
Ahh, I am much like you. I am 23 as well and I had to learn that my life is my life. I worried a lot if I did this or that would my parents approve. I gave up stressing. You have to do what you want too. You are your own person with your own reasons for doing things. They will understand someday.Parents and marriage... HELP! Need Advice.?
Tough choice, you're parents will always be your parents. They will never be your ex parents. You bf or husband can become an ex bf or husband. So because they are older, and they really have your interest in mind and do not have a personal vested interest in your decision I would try to respect them.





However, if the guy and you can truly make this work cohabitation can be a great way to get to know eachother. I think moving in is too much too fast for you and your parents (because if it wansn't you wouldn't ask), but you can go visit him overnight, and get use to a pattern. Over time you can spend more and more overnights so close together one day you look and you're living together. You don't have to move, just bring a bag, and buy some things you need to sleep over (a lot).
I think you are doing the responsible thing by considering their wishes. However, you are finishing your studies and making a future for yourself. You could always say to your parents that they can pay what he will pay then you wont do it. Call their bluff. Or tell them nicely you are a good person and are making adult decisions.


Good luck be happy
my parents are the same way. i'm 25 %26amp; thrilled to have parents that care about my morals and reputation. i don't care if the rest of the world is shacking up, i decided to do right. i'm getting married in august and more than happy to wait to live with him. i think it will make marriage that much more exciting!
there comes a point in life that we realise that our morals are different from that of our parents....ur jus gonna hav to agree to disagreee on this point with ur parents and live ur life as u please....
Well people should follow their own morals as long as they are legal...


Living together before marriage is good because you can actually see if you can live with this person. I suggest that you explain that to your parents , no need for a fight , just announce them your decision.
It seems to me that the real unwritten question is not ';what shoudl I do'; but ';Why hasn't my boyfriend already proposed?';


I think you should ask yourself that first.
well if ur sure u wanna be with him forever than just sign the damn paper if ur gonna do it anyways plus if u dont do they'll prob keep pestering u like mine dod get married in a court house and then have ur wedding latter on
wow your an adult and YOU are letting them RUN your life..You are not responsible for your parents happiness you are only responsible for yours


so what if they do not like it ..THIS IS YOUR LIFE stand up for yourself before you loose your man over letting your parents run your damn life


GET OUT GIRL YOU CAN DO IT!
  • cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment