Friday, April 30, 2010

When i talked to my boyfriend about marriage he told me to sign on Prenuptial agreement. Give me some advice.?

I don't know what to say. I love him. I know he loves me. But why in the world people do that?When i talked to my boyfriend about marriage he told me to sign on Prenuptial agreement. Give me some advice.?
Because statistically you will get divorced and maybe he has some heirlooms he wants to keep in the family.When i talked to my boyfriend about marriage he told me to sign on Prenuptial agreement. Give me some advice.?
Do you have insurance on your automobile? It's the same thing.
prenups make sense, I don't know why anybody would get married without one. He loves you, he's just being smart. I mean, nobody gets married thinking they will divorce, but, statistically, about half of people do anyways. This is a painless way to save a lot of loss and heartache down the line if you fall into the unfortunate half. Don't think of it as him doubting you, think of it as a meaningless exercise that won't matter or affect you in any way, if your relationship is as solid as you believe it to be.
Because you should protect your assets and your future assets. I made my husband sign one. It made us be practical and determine each other's financial state as well as habits.





Get your own attorney for this.
If he is rich he needs to protect his assets, just sign it and forget it.
I have been married for almost 20 years and neither one of us ever signed a prenup.





I find them to be totally useless.





What is mine is his and vice versus. That was the plan on being married for life. I do not plan on leaving him nor him me.





I think they are only for people who have doubts in their marriage





my opinion
A PRENUP IS THERE TO SET U UP FOR NOTHING PERIOD IF YOU GET DIVORCED THERE GOES EVERYTHING BECAUSE U SIGNED IT OVER TO HIM DO NOT DO THAT U R STUPID IF U DO THATS HIS WAY OF FINALIZING THE DIVORCE SHOULD IT HAPPEN THAT WAY U GET NOTHING IN THE END SO U ARE SCREWING URSELF IF U GIVE EVERYTHING TO HIM U HAVE NOTHING GET IT????????????????
Why would you NOT want to sign one. Face it, in this world a lot of marriages fail, and if yours does, a prenup will protect your assets and keep him from taking you to the cleaners.
In this day and age marriage does not set your relationship in stone. It should, but it doesn't. All too often, one or the other loses track of why they married in the first place. A lot of people protect themselves from this dilemma with a prenuptial agreement. Personally, whatever is mine is hers and whatever is hers is hers. I think that's they way it goes! There is nothing that can be taken from me materialistically that I cannot replace. My heart will mend.
Is your boyfriend wealthy?


A wealthy person may want a Prenup to protect his wealth from a gold digger.


If he is not wealthy, then ask why he wants the prenup.


The conditions may be enough that you can agree to them, if not then don't sign.


Make sure the conditions are fair for you too.


Maybe you should have him sign a prenup too.
to protect their assets they have in the start of a marriage.
My fiance, and are signing one. Now a days it's the smart thing to do. $hit happens, and I know I want to feel secure knowing things will be split equally without any bitching. Whats mine is mine, and whats his is his. It's seems fair enough to me.
Because that protects all his assets and everything he worked hard to get before meeting you. Put yourself in his shoes, would you like someone else to be entitled to what you worked so hard to achieve? And be realistic,...marriages dont work out now adays so he is just protecting what is his incase **** hits the fan. If you love really do love him why would you object to it?
I would sign it. I also would put a time limit on it. Voided after 8 years. Go ahead this is your time to put a few things in there yourself. Like if he cheats, you get 75% of everything he owns! lol This is the perfect time to stand up and have a great money argument before you are married! lol Get a backbone though and don't accept anything you don't want. He might be going into this with more money however, your heart is worth alot too. So if he wants to marry you and you are taking a risk with your heart. Think about how much money it would take your heart to feel better after a drawn out bitter divorce where he leaves you for a 21 year old that looks like Miss America. lol It would be alot of money if he wants me. I think it is a bit presumputious to be honest, what if you go and make a killing in your life, or win the lotto. You are a catch and if he wants a prenup use your brain at this moment not your heart he sure is...
It is so sad that people these days have to be already thinking of divorce before even getting married. He is one of those guys and there is little you can do about it. Even if you could talk him out of it he will always feel nervous and uncomfortable about it.
I don't know - I suppose some people just feel better about it. You can't blame them in a way with all the divorces out there.. Here is what I would suggest - make an appointment with an attorney and go there with your boyfriend and discuss w/ the attorney what assets are there and what needs protection, etc... A lot of times people realize after such a meeting that a pre-nup may not be that important or even worth it -or they may realize they realy want it - Either way it will impress him that you are taking him serious - that you would still want to marry him and you guys can make that decision together...?!
It starts the marriage out with YOUR and MINE. The path of life is too narrow not to walk as one. This is your first clue of his selfishness.
Because they are intelligent. We would all like to think that marriage will last forever but the reality is that very few do. Just make sure that you have a lawyer look over for your interests as well, don't just sign whatever he gives you. Also, you shouldn't be offended at all, he most likely loves you as much as you do him, he's just being careful. If nothing else, do it to make him feel better.
You don't just ';sign'; a prenuptial agreement. You first hire an attorney who advises you before you sign it. But, people have other people sign agreements to protect their assets in the event of divorce. My guess, is your boyfriend doesn't have any assets to protect---he's just being an ***.

No comments:

Post a Comment