Friday, April 30, 2010

Any advice to save my marriage?

I met my husband online 3 years ago and we were married in a year and two months. I had always had bad luck with guys and was always hurt by the guys I truly wanted. I thought my husband was the most amazing guy in the world. I knew we had different interests but I didn't care because I saw him as honest, caring, hard working, smart, funny, reliable, and smoking hot. About a year ago (in November) we were at a wedding and I noticed him say something to some people at our table that kind of didn't make sense. Ever since then I've noticed it more and more. He has clear misconceptions about knowledge that is considered common knowledge or basic facts and sometimes he says things out in left field (like comments that don't fit with the conversation) or corny jokes that aren;t funny. I never noticed him doing these things for two years. He also has a hard time accurately explaining the way something happened or remembering things that to me are sooo easy to remember.





All of these problems make me doubt his ability to be successful and they take away my faith and confidence in him as well as my attraction to him. He is very sweet, my family loves him, he works hard and always takes care of his responsibilities. He is supportive of me and loves me very much. I never noticed any of these things for two years and now I just feel like it is getting worse everyday. I'm afraid of social situations because of what he might say, but no one ever (except one friend) has ever said anything bad about his personality (however my friends and family haven't been around him that much). He is neat and clean, doesn't break a promise to me, helps me with housework and would go out of his way for me in a heartbeat.





I also feel upset because I am a deep, philosophical, imaginative person and he is more take things with a grain of salt and let them roll off your back. Sometimes I find myself getting stuck when I try to get deep with him about religion, politics, philosophy, etc. He also sometimes finds things confusing that are so simple to me.





As I said, I never noticed any of this for two years. I know it was the honeymoon stage but I don't think I could miss someone being confused and making irrelevant comments. We go to therapy and I suggested that he get a psychological evaluation but the therapist doesn't think it is necessary. If anything he thinks I should go on OCD meds. Everyday I am more and more upset about this. I want to kill myself but I would never do that. I dream about being in a happier relationship and if I could I would fix things so I didn't feel so distant, detatched, and displeased. I don't know what to do...





Any adviceAny advice to save my marriage?
Yeah. Tell him to email me. I'll take him off your hands, hon., cause I like em kinda dumb.Any advice to save my marriage?
What you focus on expands. He sounds like a great guy. Start writing 5 things a day in a journal before you go to bed about what you love about him. See what happens after a month.
You've had bad luck with guys but this does so much for you. NOBODY';S PERFECT! Choose your battles and be grateful for what he does do/have.
i say that life is tooooo short to be unhappy i think you should get out fast as possible.
wow. sounds like you are just going thru one of the many chapters you will have in your marriage if you plan on staying in it. i am no expert but i have been married 23 years to my hubby and we went thru some stages.i remember a time would i could not stand the way he chewed his food to the way he was breathing while sleeping. if you want your marriage to work you are gonna have to learn to deal with it, by either crackin jokes when he does it or simply just turn the other cheek. by the sounds of it you have a reliable trustworthy husband and now a days that is hard to find. sorry sweetie but you have to take the good with the bad we are all not perfect...my hubby is not the smartest man out there but i like to look at it like we should...behind evry good man is the woman who got him there...good luck and best wishes...just wait next month you will find something else you dont like but you can get thru it
My husband and are the exact same way except i am your hubby and he is you i love him soooo much and i know he loves me too..you know that saying opposites attract? well you attracted at the end of the day i think do i love him and do we share the same morals for our feature and would i really miss him if he was gone the answer is yes and that is hard to find with guys someone who shares the same foundation you said yes to him for a reason when you married him try to find a girlfriend that you can share all of your';important'; subjects with or join a club or blog but nobody else right now will give you the love that he gives you...the kind only a husband knows how
Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You better pump your brakes and slow down.The very first words out of your mouth were how you ALWAYS have bad luck with guys and ALWAYS get hurt by them. Sounds to me like that luck changed 3 years ago FINALLY. Not sure how old you are but starting over gets old its self. Plus, don't sound to me like you have that many good relationships in your memory bank to sit around dreaming about being happier. You need to get your husband to another doctor, something is wrong with him. Then get yourself to the doctor because you are depressed. Before you do either of the above hit your knees and pray for your husband and your marriage. If you leave him, the next man may say all the right things in front of people and beat on you behind closed doors. God Bless and good luck to you.
You might need to go to another therapist because he need an evaluation from what you are describing here. He might have some kind of mental disorder that makes him not remember things. He might even be slow in some aspects of life. What I don't get is that you have a husband that sounds like he loves you very much why wouldn't you want to see him through this if there is a problem. He might not even know that there is something wrong with him. Furthermore if anyone said something upsetting about your spouse you shouldn't even want to be friends with them anymore. The truth of the matter is you have to weigh the pros and the cons. Which ever weighs the most that is what you need to go with. I hope you figure it out. Good luck
This man is your husband. If he has a problem why don't you reach out and support him, as opposed to wanting to run away and selfishly focus on your own needs. This man clearly loves you, if only he could be loved to in the same manner.
You obviously have deep seated issues that need to be discussed with a therapist. You need to come to terms with what you want and what you need. Do you realize in every relationship there will be compromise? It seems the good out way the bad. If you don't get help your gonna lose your good man and spend the rest of your life regretting it.
  • facial
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment