Friday, April 30, 2010

Immediate advice on an Uncertain Marriage!?

My brother (sorta like my brother but we're not really blood connected) told my mother he had some good news for her. We're guessing that he wants to tell us that he's getting married to the girl he has been dating for 3 to 6 months. I'm happy for him for what I know so far, she's a pretty nice girl.


Yet my mom (who had been taking care of him since his mom died and his dad ignores him) is unsure. She heard some information about his girlfriend from a very close friend that we've known for years. The girl has been with other guys and known to have multiple lovers. Even one of our other friends who gave a sermon to her group heard some things going about her, surprisingly enough. The girl's mother is pushing my mother into getting the two married, my mom found that very rude but didn't say anything. She's not his real mother and that decision should only be made between the two.


Now my ';brother'; has always been afraid to get into relationships and here comes the girl of his dreams but we're not sure if she's the one for them and maybe they're rushing too fast.


Should we tell him about what we've heard and tell them to go a little slower in their relationship, don't tell him and make him go through a possible bad marriage like most other people in my family including my mom, or just butt out of the business and give them our blessings (it's not our business)?


Please give me advice on what my mom should tell him!Immediate advice on an Uncertain Marriage!?
tell the man the truth now,no need to hide this important information.Immediate advice on an Uncertain Marriage!?
Love is blind. We don't see wrong things with the people we love and we sure don't believe what is told to us. Maybe you should have a talk with her. A nice talk. Tell her how you feel about her but that you have some things that you need to get off your chest. Things you ';hear'; aren't always necessarily true. After you talk with her then let it go. And by the way...what is the big rush. People in love seem to think they HAVE to get married. They need to spend at least a year together. At that point they will know how they really feel.
So, because she has had other sexual partners in the past, there's something wrong with her and she's not good enough for your brother? That's ridiculous. I suppose your brother is a virgin with a halo strapped to his skull then huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment