Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I need some advice on underage marriage/emancipation..?

Okay I just recently moved in with my mom [from my dads who I can't stand] and we've been fighting alot and she wants me to move back in with my dad but his new wife is having a baby in about a week [seriously..] and they already remodeled my room into a nursery even though i've only been here a month. I have a b/f of about two years...he's seventeen and im fifteen..but anyways do you think it would be a good idea to try and get emancipated or married so I could just live with him since my parents don't want me? I don't know what my parents would think or do about this but what else is there for me to do? Well any advice would be great..Thanks...I need some advice on underage marriage/emancipation..?
Well, this is pretty sh1tty of your parents to ';not want you';. No, marriage would not be a good thing at this age, all that will happen is that you will go from fighting with your mom to fighting with your husband. You need to learn how to get along with people before you commit to marriage. Find someone to talk to - a school counselor, a minister, an older friend. And try to cut your parents some slack; it takes two to start a fight.I need some advice on underage marriage/emancipation..?
Tough Question. Lets assume that you and your boy friend are emotionally and financially mature enough to be husband and wife, the problem is unless your parents give you permission you can't be married or emancipated unless ordered by the courts.





So two questions:





Do you think that if you asked your parents to be married or emancipated they would say yes?





If they said ';NO'; do you have a legal case to be emancipated?





I do not know your Parents, but unless they really ';don't want me'; I doubt they will say Yes and unless they are physically abusive I doubt a court will grant you an emancipation.





So my suggestion would be to do your best to keep your self esteem up by participating in every school or church or any other activity you can. That why you are not at home very much. Then when you turn 18 and move out then.
Your to immature to be married. The only way you can get married is with parental consent and I doubt they will go for that. I doubt you can get emancipated due to fighting to much with your parents....LOL
15 is too young for marriage, it would be disastrous!. Go back to school get an education. get a job then love will come. If you get married now, witha 17 yr old, (both Kids) geting kids OMG. He's going to leave you when the pressure kicks in. then what you gonna do, Who you gonna call?
I'm sorry for you that really sucks!! but if they fight you on it just lay down the facts about how they each have their own lives and how you don't feel you fit into them!! i don't think that being emancipated is the right thing because you r still so young but i do know kids who are in situations like yours and it really works for them because there is still a lot of help out their for kids who are emancipated!! good luck
I don't think marriage is the answer in this case. Perhaps you should try to mend the relationship with your mother. If that doesn't work how about staying over at a relative's home until things cool off with your mom? Do you have a best friend that you can stay with for the time being? Marrying your b/f might make matters worse. You also need to think about any intervention that your parents or your b/f parents might take to forbid the union.
Trust me, you Do No Want To Do That! You are 15 and your b/f is 17. Both of you are still underage! What does his family think of this situation? Wait it out,calm down, and try to get along with your mother. Your father has obviously ';moved on';, and I think that may be what is bothering both you and your mother. Why don't you seek some ';family counselling';, it will be worth it. It is a very,very scary world out there for a 15-year old. And what will you do, if this b/f moves on, that the pressure from Your situation is too much for him! Can you afford to finish school,buy clothes,have a social life,pay for an apartment,utilities,food,transportation, all the things that you are given at the present time. You will NOT qualify for ';welfare'; or government support. And I doubt that you could get yourself ';emancipated';, you don't have ';legal'; grounds, or ';proof of support';, for a judge to release you into society on your own. If you were ';hurt'; who would pay your medical expenses? Your boyfriend? I doubt it. Slow down, and try to adjust, it is just as hard for your mom as it is for you. Try doing some things together,go to a show, make her dinner, clean-up the house and surprise her. A little good will goes a very long way. Remember,you were conceived out of ';love';, and your parents, although they are no longer together, still ';LOVE'; you SP! Good Luck and read this answer again and try it.
Depends on your state, but most will not allow a 15 year old to marry, even with parental consent.





Emancipation is not for these purposes. You Emancipate yourself from your parents because it is in your best interest to do so, and you have the means to support yourself. There are many child actors who do this because their parents take advantage of the money they make.





You are 15, and he is 17, and I seriously doubt you two are ready to support yourselves.





Your mother cannot make you leave, as she could get into trouble. It is called Refusal to Accept Parental Responsibility. So, she cannot force you out of the home.





I am sorry to hear you are going through this. My two little girls will always have rooms at my house, even when they are grown and have children of their own. My parents still have my sister's and my room set up like we were still living there. I told them that I wanted them to turn my room in to a room for my little girls, but the didn't. They took the extra room, and made it into a room for them. It sounds like your parents, both of them, are just not doing right by you, and that is terrible.
I am so sorry that your parents are such a$$es. They are not treating you properly and you deserve better. If you get married you'll be doing it for the wrong reason. I know how you feel because neither of my parents wanted me either. But you have to try to tough it out. What about other family members? Can they take you in? Even just until you finish high school. Good luck and take care.
whatever you do, dont get married just yet. go seek legal help im sure they have some that will assist you for free. ask about emancipation marriage isnt always the key. and whatever state u live in might not alow you to marry because you are under the age of 18. if thats the case you will need your parents signature same goes for your boyfriend.
15 is to young to get married.You are to young to work


so I do not see how you can br emancipated.


Do not get married just to run away from your problems
Sweety I know you may feel like your parents don't want you but getting married is definitly the wrong thing to do. Your looking for an outlet and getting married is not one of them. Who's going to take care of you? I hope you don't think your boyfriend is because he has no kind of formal education to even uphold a full-time job, and speaking of jobs you can't even legally work. Burger King and McDonlds are not going to pay any bills. I think you should try joining an organiztion at school so that you can use up any spare time and try to get along with your mother because this might be hard on her just like its hard on you. Goodluck.
  • acne cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment