Friday, April 30, 2010

Do i have to seek for attorneys advice or do i need some papers to prove that my marriage was null and void?

We are not living together for 7 years now and I want to marry another guy. Do i have to fix my previous marriage which is null and void before I marry again?Do i have to seek for attorneys advice or do i need some papers to prove that my marriage was null and void?
Yes. I am assuming your are in the U.S. You need to have a divorce or an anullment before you can get remarried. Otherwise you will be considered a bigamist, which is a crime. Many states have ';pro se'; (do-it-yourself) divorce forms that you can represent yourself and file. If you have no children, marital property or debt, it should not be complicated for you to file on your own. Otherwise, it can be tricky.





Look on your state's supreme court website. Most have an area for self-represented individuals. However, if you can afford it, it is always better to consult an attorney.Do i have to seek for attorneys advice or do i need some papers to prove that my marriage was null and void?
You mean you got an annulment? or you just seperated for 7 years? if its seperation you need to talk to a lawyer...dont know how annulments work....





also you can always call the county clerks office where youll have to obtain your marriage license and ask them

No comments:

Post a Comment