Friday, April 30, 2010

Marriage questions and concerns. Need advice. Serious questions.?

Our relationship is going on five years, married a month shy of 2 years. The week of Thanksgiving, 2007, his sister went bullistic on me, accusing me of many things I never did, including deliberately moving him away from them, lying, and at least 20 more things. I didn't argue much, but I did consider leaving my husband. The truth is, since Thanksgiving, our marriage has been barely holding on. His sister put such a huge wedge between us, I don't know if I can save my marriage. He feels so pulled. To my face, he's on my side, but I know the moment he's alone with them, he's on theirs. Why are there 2 sides? I just wish they would give me a chance. They didn't. They never even tried. The accusations wedged against me were completely untrue, with the exception of one, which was that I do not like his sister's best friend. Well...true. She wrote my husband a letter putting me down and saying bad things about me. How am I supposed to like her? I never did a thing to her...Marriage questions and concerns. Need advice. Serious questions.?
I would go to counseling. It can't hurt and it is a safe third party. It truly did save my Sisters marriage. Ask around, try to get someone that someone else has had a good experience with.Marriage questions and concerns. Need advice. Serious questions.?
Wow.That's alot to take in. I'm so sorry you have to put up with this mess. You lost your husband somewhere in the mess his sister caused. You are sleeping with the enemy honey. Sure they would be happy that you left him and they have him back in their claws again. You are doing all you can as a wife and when the pressure is on you coming from all sides. You just have to back off a little. I wouldn't put up with that. I wouldn't even go somewhere where I am not welcome. I would leave him and live out my life happy then put up with the misery.The sister and the family is dysfunctional.The feed off of you and you are the only one that can stop it. Yes, you may love your husband but how much more can you take?Really. Be honest with yourself-for once. You need to leave him and leave them alone with their bitterness. I feel sorry for the next ex-husband when she enters the galatine.
I think it might be too late for you to fix this. Obviously his family has an unnatural pull on him and you can't fight that in any reasonable way. He may have some good qualitities but uinfortunately he is weak of character.





Try waiting it out a bit more, but for heavens sakes stay away from those vindictive wretches. Politely decline any and all invites and stay home while he goes. But don't act like he need stay away from them. A simple ';you go have fun with your family, I am more than content to stay home'; said in a pleasant tone should suffice.





But prepare yourself for the worst, being prepared is always helpful.
Your husband needs to be a man and stand with you. If he needs to he needs to put a stop to it with his family. He is married to you not his family. He picked you and he needs to act like it.





Whenever my parents criticized anything about my wife they heard about it immediately. One time I told my dad that if he continued to talk like he was then he could leave. He did and he has never been the same. My family said that they did not know what I did but he has changed. He stopped the bad behavior and we have a good relationship today.
I would not go there to visit with them and your husband needs to understand that. You are his family now not them you should come first. Shame on your husband for not standing up for you and putting you in that situation.. He needs to decide if you are part of his life or his family.





You two need to take some time alone just the two of you to spend time together
Gracious ~ Good luck with the suggestions that will be coming. I suggest counseling! Period. Paragraph.
What a mess. The fault lays with your husband. The sister believes this because he has blamed it on you. This will never end and they will never like you because he will not allow them to. I could not stay with a man like this. He knows it is wrong and he still blames you and he let others believe lies about you that he started. I would get out and let him go back to them. I do not see it getting any better for you. I also do not think that I have a duty to sleep with my husband. Why do you think that? If you want to talk about duty he has one to you and he has not come through for you.
the moment a man gets married, his wife is his new family. although im not saying that he should totally detach himself from his mom and sisters but he should put his wife first priority. if your husband still listens to the crap his sis and mom put out, then thats major issue. its time you and your husband do serious talk.
wow, sounds like a lot is going on in your world. truth is he is not being true to you. you are his wife, and you should come first. if his sister and/or other family doesn't like you, that's their problem. he needs to get a backbone and set his family straight. if he doesn't, i can't see the marriage surviving.

No comments:

Post a Comment