Friday, January 8, 2010

Marriage proposal, any advice? (ramadan)?

A friend of mine proposed to me. He told me how was in love w/ me the whole 4yrs i've known him. We stayed on the phone longer than usual last night. He told me if he had the chance to marry me right now at this very moment he would.





The only problem is he's 23yrs with no job, goes to school on and off, and tends to party alot. Now when he told me this last night, I refused to give him answer, then he kept on insisting to meet him in person (go to movie, dinner, or talk in person).





If you were in my this situation, what would you do? Any advice?Marriage proposal, any advice? (ramadan)?
never proceed in doubt...





let's look at this..





he is 23


+


unemployed


+


on and off in school


________________


= Infatuated and irresponsible so def not ready for marriage








and how about you%26gt;? what do you do..are you ready for marriage or are just amused with the idea that omeoe wants to marry you?





marriage is a responsibility where two people become one..are you ready?Marriage proposal, any advice? (ramadan)?
whoa, you haven't met him in person? i would recommend first that you meet him if you are serious about him, but take a friend or parent with you just incase. if he is 23 with no job and still in school, tell him to finish school first and that you will consider it then. tell him you aren't ready yet. many times when people get married and are still in school, they wind up not finishing school either because their interests change or they wind up having kids and that changes everything. take your time.
If I were in your situation, I'd say no. IMO, the way you described him, he doesn't seem to be ready to actually settle down. And, I'm an old-fashioned type of person, he should propose through the right channels..i.e. parents/ relatives..


If he really wants to marry you, tell him to change his ways..





But that's just me..good luck =)
The most important thing is that the one proposing the marriage should be good in the Deen and in his character.





Insha Allah this article you will find beneficial:





http://www.troid.org/sisters/nikaah/choo…
He's about 7 years too young to get married even if he wasn't a party boy. SO, keep an eye on him to see if he develops into an adult (if you want to). But don't tether yourself to a loser this early in life.
Doesn't sound very mature of him. I would be uncomfortable marrying anyone if I had no job especially. I'd rather focus on getting my life together. Do you think you will not have serious problems with him, being the way he is?
id tell him he needs to smarten up. he needs to be way more responsible. u cant have a family w/ a guy like that! tell him 2 ask u when he has done that... then again it all daepends on wether u LOVE him or not! do u love him?????
He's not truly muslim if he doesn't pray five times a day, that's first. Second, what do u mean by partying? Mingling with girls and drinkings all haram. Don't trade ur religion for a guy.
Change your phonenumber, send your mahram to beat him up... Learn from this lesson, that it isn't for us as muslima to speak with the other gender...
Well, What do you think of him? I think you should give him a chance or at least talk more, then tell him your concerns about the partying. See what he says
If you're not sure, the answer should probably be no.
i would say NO!!


Come on!


he's not working


he cant afford getting married or supporting his own family
uh. please dont marry someone without a job
your age?


to me he looks a loser
Well...





If your not interested in Him...tell Him NICELY. Do not make Him feel stupid. Tell Him there are things that you need in a guy and have always wanted in a guy that He just doesn't have. Explain to Him that it isn't Him. Tell Him what a great guy He still is and you don't wanna take the chance to ruin your friendship because you have been great friends for so long and don't want to end it now.





But if you ARE interested in Him...and you DO want to marry Him. I would suggest your answer being .....YES! lol





I hope I was some sort of help to you my dear. =)





Good luck!





Blessings ~*Saira*~

No comments:

Post a Comment