Friday, January 8, 2010

Marriage issues-need advice?

I have been married to my husband for 2 1/2 years, and we have been together for 5 years. We have a two year old son.





Neither one of us are happy anymore. It is not anything serious where we are even considering divorce. We are not the type of people that will get divorced over stupid little everyday problems that everyone has.





We also have no problem in communicating with each other, in fact, we are sometimes too honest with each other!! We have discussed what we don't like about the other person, but neither one of us seems to change.





My husband has very high standards for himself, which is a good thing, but he drives himself crazy when things aren't going his way and in his control, and he drives me crazy too! I sometimes feel like he tries to be my father.





Our fights are almost always about him criticizing me over something, and me calling him out on being an a-hole. Granted, somethings he is right about, but a lot of things he is just being crazy. I used to just brush this off, but now these fights are becoming a daily occurence, and it is really getting to me. I am normally a happy person, but he depresses the hell out of me. He gets upset that we don't have sex more often, but why would I want to have sex when he was being a douche to me just a few hours ago? He always seems to apologize at night, right before he asks for the sex.





I do love him, but it has got to the point that I don't like him as a person anymore. I am ashamed to feel this way, but I can't help it. He is a great father and an amazing provider. He just makes me hate him sometimes. Any one else go throught this? How did you deal?Marriage issues-need advice?
You could go to counseling....? And really, counseling is a much better and cheaper way to go rather than a divorce. Also, pick up the book called His Needs/Her Needs. $20 at the book store. It is written by a Christian author however it only has 3 verses in it and it only states the verse, no preaching. So I feel like its a great book for non-believers as well. Read it together, a chapter a night. And do what the book says. I LOVE to read but I can't read self-help books. This book, by far, was the easiet book I have ever read.





Marriage is about finding that ONE person you want to annoy for the rest of you life...LOL. And throughout the course of your marriage, you will fall in and out of love. Since it seems you like you two are OUT of love right now, at least you recoginize it and know something needs to change.





Again, get the book. And don't be so stubborn and say, ';oh a book can't help...'; If a $20 book can point you in the right direction, why not...?





That book is great for newlweds, premarriage reading and veteran couples. My husband and I read it together and we make sure to remind ourselves of each others needs. Another read is The 5 Love Languages.





GOOD LUCKMarriage issues-need advice?
Sometimes in your marriage you'll hit a rough patch...nothing that will destroy the marriage, but something that you just can't seem to get beyond on your own...It's those times that are good for some counseling sessions - to help you re-group in order to move forward. Try it.
Counseling would help a great deal. It would help him understand that high expectations are unrealistic and you to deal with ';his'; issues.
Simple. I bought a trailer and some property. No divorce, but no wife either. I saved thousands on legal fees.
I was just divorced, its a stupid thing to do. Never let that be a option. Take more time off work and spend time together. Maybe get outside more often and have someone watch the child. Dont talk about the problems, just enjoy the outdoors or a good movie together and relaxxx. Start by maybe sending himn flowers and explaining that your sorry things have been so confrontational at home. As a guy the sexiest thing is a woman who is strong... YET very humble and respectful to her husband. Try your hardest to never raise your voice to him no matter what he says. We guys tend to follow suit to a woman. So if your raised voices or confrontational attitude is never there.. we have nobody to argue with.. Sounds completely retarded yes i know. But its entirely the truth... Hope things get better.
You say that you have a great relationship. You say that you communicate very well. I think you need to listen to yourself and talk to him. If you don't get this off your chest it will continue to grow. I can tell you from experience that you are at the Crucial point in your relationship right now and if you don't fix it one or both of you will stray or want to end the marriage. If you don't think talking is working. Go to marriage counseling. You have the first part of the problem handled because you realize there is a problem.
  • acne cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment