Friday, January 8, 2010

I need help/advice with marriage...?

My wife and I have been married for 7 years. Some good, some bad. For the last few years it has been going downhill. Bad. She went away for a month (professional school) and when she came back, she didnt want to be married anymore. It hurt alot at first, but now I could care less. She said she would give it a month to ';work it out';. Well the month is up and now she is just mean. She makes comments about everything I do and we are both miserable. We have 2 little girls that we both adore.





Now for the problem. I met someone. We kinda work together. Not directly, but our jobs depend on each other. Nothing has happened physically. I made it clear that I was married and that nothing can happen until a divorce is final, if we even go that route. She understands completely. We just talk about anything and everything. But recently, I have become somewhat fascinated with her. I know this is not good, but...





I dont know what to do. Do I stay with my wife and hate it, or do we move on...I need help/advice with marriage...?
Put forth every effort so that you can not look back with regret. (ie. counseling)





If the marriage ends and you gave it your all...then find whoever fascinates you and move on.I need help/advice with marriage...?
If she wanted a divorce a month ago and now from what you say, things aren't any better. Let her go before it gets real bad and the kids suffer. Put the fascination on hold until things are over with you and your wife. If you're still ';fascinated'; at that point, then proceed.
I would not suggest staying with someone you hate but I know what it is like to live with someone you know longer respect.


Have you tried counseling? If you can't go together, can you affort to go alone? Just having someone to talk to that is not attached can be helpful.
Move on
Well...divorce is the last option. However, I say you ONLY LIVE ONCE and you need to do what makes you happy. Do not stay in a relationship just because of children or because of money, etc. I know a lot of people that wish their parents would have split to be happier earlier than watching them fight their whole lives or watching one of them cheat. Don't go after the other girl right away though...it sounds like she may be your re-bound girl and that may end up bad. It may feel like love at first, but she is probably just filling the gap that your wife cannot fill. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment